Posted on 2018-04-06 by Jonathan H. Wage
The new website design was created by Phu Son Nguyen who worked at Yahoo! at the time. It was a huge step forward for the Doctrine Project and it gave us 10 solid years!
Fast-forward and today we are happy to be launching a new foundation for our website and documentation. In addition to the new look, here are some new features:
- GitHub Edit links on all documentation pages to make it easy to contribute fixes when you come across something that could be improved.
- Automated deploys with GitHub Pages. Simply create a pull request and it will be deployed to https://staging.doctrine-project.org. Merges to master automatically deploy to https://www.doctrine-project.org.
- Search powered by Algolia.
- Mobile friendly.
- Documentation supports multiple versions.
- Documentation user experience improvements.
We hope that this helps improve the experience and make it easier to
contribute. The code for the site is open source and can be found
here. If you want to
contribute to the documentation for a project, you can find the docs in
a folder named
/docs in the root of the project repository.
Here is the
ORM for example.
If you discover any issues, please report them on the GitHub Issue tracker for the project.