Posted on 2009-06-21 by jwage
Today I have deployed some updates to the Doctrine website. Some of the updates all of you will enjoy, but another specific one might upset some of you.
I have decided to remove the Doctrine Forum forever and consolidate the user discussions in to the doctrine-user mailing list which is hosted on Google Groups. I chose to do this for a few reasons.
- Consolidate discussions in to one area so the community is not split.
- phpBB is horrible and is proving to be a lot of work for me to maintain
- I don't want to have to spend countless hours maintaining something that google groups can do for me, for free
I know this will upset some of you, but I hope you understand and are happy that the Doctrine developers will now be able to spend more time...developing Doctrine..instead of maintaining the forum.
Some other changes I have made/fixed.
- Change Logs are now fixed from the move
- The blog has been enhanced and tags fixed
- API Documentation Enhanced to include browse code links so you can see the code for each class, function, etc.
- A bunch of other small little things tweaked and fixed.
If you find anything wrong with the website or something you'd like to see different please let me know via the comments below or by e-mail at jonwage [at] gmail.com