The Doctrine Project is the home to several PHP libraries primarily focused on database storage and object mapping. The core projects are a Object Relational Mapper (ORM) and the Database Abstraction Layer (DBAL) it is built upon.
Why use Doctrine?
- Around since 2006 with very stable, high-quality codebase.
- Extremely flexible and powerful object-mapping and query features.
- Support for both high-level and low-level database programming for all your use-cases.
- Large Community and integrations with many different frameworks (Symfony, Zend Framework, CodeIgniter, FLOW3, Lithium and more)
- Doctrine Data Fixtures 1.0.1 (Mar 22)
- Doctrine Migrations 1.0.0-alpha3 Pre-Release (Mar 22)
- Doctrine ORM 2.5.0 BETA 1 Released (Mar 18)
- Doctrine ORM 2.5.0-alpha2 Pre-Release (Jan 25)
- Cache 1.4.0 Released (Jan 15)
- Object-Relational Mapper (ORM)
- Database Abstraction Layer (DBAL)
- MongoDB Document Mapper
- PHPCR Document Mapper
- Common Libraries