The Doctrine Project is the home to several PHP libraries primarily focused on database storage and object mapping. The core projects are a Object Relational Mapper (ORM) and the Database Abstraction Layer (DBAL) it is built upon.
Why use Doctrine?
- Around since 2006 with very stable, high-quality codebase.
- Extremely flexible and powerful object-mapping and query features.
- Support for both high-level and low-level database programming for all your use-cases.
- Large Community and integrations with many different frameworks (Symfony, Zend Framework, CodeIgniter, FLOW3, Lithium and more)
- Security in Doctrine (Feb 21)
- Doctrine DBAL 2.5 BETA3 (Feb 21)
- ORM 2.4.2 and 2.3.5 released (Feb 08)
- DBAL 2.4.2 and 2.5.0 BETA1 released (Jan 01)
- Our HHVM Roadmap (Dec 23)
- Object-Relational Mapper (ORM)
- Database Abstraction Layer (DBAL)
- MongoDB Document Mapper
- PHPCR Document Mapper
- Common Libraries