The Doctrine Project is the home to several PHP libraries primarily focused on database storage and object mapping. The core projects are a Object Relational Mapper (ORM) and the Database Abstraction Layer (DBAL) it is built upon.
Why use Doctrine?
- Around since 2006 with very stable, high-quality codebase.
- Extremely flexible and powerful object-mapping and query features.
- Support for both high-level and low-level database programming for all your use-cases.
- Large Community and integrations with many different frameworks (Symfony, Zend Framework, CodeIgniter, FLOW3, Lithium and more)
- Doctrine ORM 2.5.0-alpha2 Pre-Release (Jan 25)
- Cache 1.4.0 Released (Jan 15)
- DBAL 2.4.4 and 2.5.1 released (Jan 12)
- Annotations 1.2.2 released (Dec 18)
- ORM 2.4.7 released (Dec 16)
- Object-Relational Mapper (ORM)
- Database Abstraction Layer (DBAL)
- MongoDB Document Mapper
- PHPCR Document Mapper
- Common Libraries