[DBAL-1183] [GH-823] fix client_encoding setting to support pgbouncer Created: 27/Mar/15  Updated: 27/Mar/15  Resolved: 27/Mar/15

Status: Resolved
Project: Doctrine DBAL
Component/s: Drivers
Affects Version/s: 2.5
Fix Version/s: 2.6, 2.5.2
Security Level: All

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: Doctrine Bot Assignee: Steve Müller
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: charset, client_encoding, pgbouncer, pgsql, postgresql

Issue Links:
Reference
relates to DBAL-567 PDOPgSql should respect connection ch... Resolved

 Description   

This issue is created automatically through a Github pull request on behalf of rocksfrow:

Url: https://github.com/doctrine/dbal/pull/823

Message:

The current release doesn't allow connecting to pgbcouner when specifying the charset due to the lack of support for the 'options' parameter. The fix is to use the client_encoding option directly instead of passing it through the options parameter.

This exact same bug was fixed in node.js's PG driver the exact same way.

https://github.com/brianc/node-postgres/pull/356

I've confirmed this fix works with pgbouncer.



 Comments   
Comment by Doctrine Bot [ 27/Mar/15 ]

A related Github Pull-Request [GH-823] was merged:
https://github.com/doctrine/dbal/pull/823





[DBAL-1182] No schema difference detected when changing length of a text field Created: 26/Mar/15  Updated: 26/Mar/15

Status: Open
Project: Doctrine DBAL
Component/s: Schema Managers
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Security Level: All

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: Evan Sheffield Assignee: Benjamin Eberlei
Resolution: Unresolved Votes: 0
Labels: dbal, mysql, schema-tool
Environment:

Database: MySQL 5.6



 Description   

I have a text field with a length specified that causes it to be chosen as TINYTEXT in MySQL.

/**  
 * @ORM\Column(name="message", type="text", length=255,  nullable=true)
 */
protected $message;

When I remove the length field from the annotation, I would expect the field to then be interpreted as LONGTEXT as specified in the documentation. However, when I run orm:schematool:update, it says that there is nothing to update.






[DBAL-1181] [GH-822] Fix for bad profiling data, showing an indefinitely long query Created: 26/Mar/15  Updated: 26/Mar/15

Status: Open
Project: Doctrine DBAL
Component/s: None
Affects Version/s: 2.5.1
Fix Version/s: None
Security Level: All

Type: Bug Priority: Minor
Reporter: Doctrine Bot Assignee: Benjamin Eberlei
Resolution: Unresolved Votes: 1
Labels: logging, profiling


 Description   

This issue is created automatically through a Github pull request on behalf of DHager:

Url: https://github.com/doctrine/dbal/pull/822

Message:

This fix solves a problem where a failed transaction generates inaccurate profiling data.

In Symfony's "Timeline" profiler view, the bug makes it appear as if Symfony is taking a lot of time to process something, up until the very end of the request.






[DBAL-1180] [GH-821] Added method for switching support for foreign keys for SQLite Created: 25/Mar/15  Updated: 25/Mar/15

Status: Open
Project: Doctrine DBAL
Component/s: None
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Security Level: All

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: Doctrine Bot Assignee: Benjamin Eberlei
Resolution: Unresolved Votes: 0
Labels: None


 Description   

This issue is created automatically through a Github pull request on behalf of hason:

Url: https://github.com/doctrine/dbal/pull/821

Message:






Generated at Fri Mar 27 19:23:21 UTC 2015 using JIRA 6.2.3#6260-sha1:63ef1d6dac3f4f4d7db4c1effd405ba38ccdc558.