[DC-1010] When putting a subquery in the where clause which includes a join and a limit the limit subquery algorithm mistakenly modifies the subquery Created: 21/Jun/11  Updated: 21/Jun/11

Status: Open
Project: Doctrine 1
Component/s: Query
Affects Version/s: 1.2.2
Fix Version/s: None

Type: Bug Priority: Major
Reporter: will ferrer Assignee: Guilherme Blanco
Resolution: Unresolved Votes: 0
Labels: None
Environment:

XP Xamp



 Description   

I have fixed this in my own version of doctrine but unfortunately I am to far diverged from the trunk to offer a patch.

here is a test case:

public function testSubqueryInWhereWithJoinAndLimit()
    {
        $q = new Doctrine_Query();
        $q->select('u.id');
        $q->from('User u');
        $q->where('u.id NOT IN (SELECT a.id FROM User u2 LEFT JOIN u2.Album a LIMIT 1)');
        $this->assertEqual($q->getSqlQuery(), 'SELECT e.id AS e__id FROM entity e WHERE (e.id NOT IN (SELECT a.id AS a__id FROM entity e2 LEFT JOIN album a ON e2.id = a.user_id WHERE (e2.type = 0) LIMIT 1) AND (e.type = 0))');
    }

To fix the issue I changed this line in Doctrine_Query as follows:

if ( ( ! empty($this->_sqlParts['limit']) || ! empty($this->_sqlParts['offset'])) && $needsSubQuery && $limitSubquery) {

=

if ( ( ! empty($this->_sqlParts['limit']) || ! empty($this->_sqlParts['offset'])) && $needsSubQuery && $limitSubquery && !$this->isSubquery()) {

Hope that helps.

Sincerely

Will Ferrer


Generated at Sat Aug 23 11:39:06 UTC 2014 using JIRA 6.2.3#6260-sha1:63ef1d6dac3f4f4d7db4c1effd405ba38ccdc558.