Doctrine 2 - ORM
  1. Doctrine 2 - ORM
  2. DDC-866

The EBNF definition for DQL needs to be updated

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0-BETA4
    • Fix Version/s: 2.0-RC1
    • Component/s: Documentation
    • Security Level: All
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      This is a summary replacing bugs 857, 863 and 864, which I hereby close.

      In summary, deep path expressions like

      SingleValuedAssociationPathExpression ::= IdentificationVariable "."

      {SingleValuedAssociationField "."}

      * SingleValuedAssociationField

      are not suppored by the current implementation, but are documented to work in the EBNF definition for DQL (http://www.doctrine-project.org/projects/orm/2.0/docs/reference/dql-doctrine-query-language/en#dql-doctrine-query-language). The EBNF definitions need to be fixed, because currently they are factually wrong and thus misleading.

      (Obviously, actually having the feature would be preferrable IMO)

        Activity

        Hide
        Benjamin Eberlei added a comment -

        This feature was removed for technical reasons. I updated the docs accordingly.

        Show
        Benjamin Eberlei added a comment - This feature was removed for technical reasons. I updated the docs accordingly.
        Hide
        Daniel Alvarez Arribas added a comment -

        The online documentation (http://www.doctrine-project.org/projects/orm/2.0/docs/reference/dql-doctrine-query-language/en#dql-doctrine-query-language) is still listing the factually wrong EBNF, specifically:

        /* "u.Group" */
        SingleValuedAssociationPathExpression ::= IdentificationVariable "."

        {SingleValuedAssociationField "."}* SingleValuedAssociationField

        /* "u.Group.Permissions" */
        CollectionValuedPathExpression ::= IdentificationVariable "." {SingleValuedAssociationField "."}

        * CollectionValuedAssociationField

        I cleared my local web cache, of course, before viewing, but to no effect. It's possibly that the fix was done internally in a SCM Tool, but was not published. As of now, the documentation fix did not become effective for the docs that are now visible online. I reopen this as a reminder.

        Show
        Daniel Alvarez Arribas added a comment - The online documentation ( http://www.doctrine-project.org/projects/orm/2.0/docs/reference/dql-doctrine-query-language/en#dql-doctrine-query-language ) is still listing the factually wrong EBNF, specifically: /* "u.Group" */ SingleValuedAssociationPathExpression ::= IdentificationVariable "." {SingleValuedAssociationField "."}* SingleValuedAssociationField /* "u.Group.Permissions" */ CollectionValuedPathExpression ::= IdentificationVariable "." {SingleValuedAssociationField "."} * CollectionValuedAssociationField I cleared my local web cache, of course, before viewing, but to no effect. It's possibly that the fix was done internally in a SCM Tool, but was not published. As of now, the documentation fix did not become effective for the docs that are now visible online. I reopen this as a reminder.
        Hide
        Benjamin Eberlei added a comment -

        we dont render the docs all the time, it takes some time.

        Show
        Benjamin Eberlei added a comment - we dont render the docs all the time, it takes some time.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Benjamin Eberlei
            Reporter:
            Daniel Alvarez Arribas
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: