Uploaded image for project: 'Doctrine Common'
  1. Doctrine Common
  2. DCOM-165

Entities seems not be recognized by AnnotationDriver


    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Awaiting Feedback
    • Priority: Trivial
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: 2.2, 2.3
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: Annotations
    • Security Level: All
    • Environment:
      Windows 7 Profesional, Enterprise and Windows Server 2003 and 2008; Common: 2.2.3 DBAL: 2.2.2 ORM: 2.2.3; PHP 5.4.5 and 5.3.5


      Will result in an empty array. The entitiy manager is correctly configured and the entities files are loaded (echo's in the files will be displayed).

      Debug steps:
      Looking in the code for the problem I created the following debug points first:

      file AnnotationDriver.php method getAllClassNames()
      after the line: "$includedFiles[] = $sourceFile;"
      add: "echo $sourceFile . ' is loaded' . PHP_EOL;"

      file AnnotationDriver.php method getAllClassNames()
      after the line: "$sourceFile = $rc->getFileName();"
      add: "echo $className . ' is loaded from: ' . $sourceFile . ' in the includedFiles array? ' . (in_array($sourceFile, $includedFiles) ? 'YES' : 'not found ') . PHP_EOL;"

      the following output will be displayed:
      f:\workspace\nl.markei.posto-2.3\lib\relaties\Contact.php is loaded
      nl\markei\posto\relaties\Contact is loaded from: F:\workspace\nl.markei.posto-2.3\lib\relaties\Contact.php in the includedFiles array? not found

      It seems that Doctrine includes the file from f: but ReflectionClass say it is loaded from F:. The in_array() will fail and Doctrine will not recognized the entity.

      But this is not the full problem. I created a new debug point:

      file AnnotationDriver.php method getAllClassNames()
      after the line: "foreach ($this->_paths as $path) {"
      add: "echo 'path: ' . $path . ' after realpath: ' . realpath($path) . PHP_EOL;"

      This will result in the following output:
      "path: F:\domains\markei.nl\lib\nl.markei.posto\ after realpath: f:\workspace\nl.markei.posto-2.3\lib"

      So the conversion of the F: to f: is done by realpath; its look like

      A simple fix should be in AnnotationDriver.php / getAllClassNames()
      replace: "$sourceFile = $rc->getFileName();"
      by: "$sourceFile = realpath($rc->getFileName());"

      After I did that, the problem still exists. So I add to echo's (one with realpath and one without at the part of the code). And both echo's result in a path starting with "F:".

      So my first reaction was freaky!

      After some frustrating hours I found the problem in the symlink I used.
      "F:\domains\markei.nl\lib\nl.markei.posto" was a symlink to "f:\workspace\nl.markei.posto-2.3\lib" and realpath will not convert the driver char in the target of the symlink for some freaky reason. After changing the symlink target to "F:\workspace...." everything works fine.

      realpath results are not consistent on Windows. This will resulting in problems under Windows.

      Possible solutions:
      Saying "this is a PHP bug".
      It is possible that there are more case sensitive problems hidding here on Windows. Maybe it is better to use (for Windows only!) a case insensitive in_array-alternative in AnnotationDriver.php getAllClassNames() (or convert all paths for to lowercase for Windows)



          • Assignee:
            ocramius Marco Pivetta
            maartendekeizer Maarten de Keizer
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            2 Start watching this issue


            • Created: