I did change Doctrine/Export/Schema.php to pick up some options from model, then they get exported into YAML schema by current code.
Adding the patch. (sorry, can't run the tests, so I'm not sure whether it does break something, really shouldn't)
In my project it works just as expected (did need it for the way I do migrations).
TODO for Doctrine devs:
- run tests with my patch and let me know if there's a problem
- consider other option names, which are worth of export, so far I did need "charset" and "collate", and I added "queryParts" as well.
I hope my additions make sense and will help you to improve Doctrine project. (and that you will include it, so I don't have custom modified Doctrine )