Doctrine DBAL
  1. Doctrine DBAL
  2. DBAL-161

Character Set of Database not UTF-8

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 2.3
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Ubuntu

      Description

      Hi Guys,

      I was working with symfony command line and created the database with the app/console doctrine:create:database

      Though the characterset I specified was UTF-8 , it created Latin character set .

      @elliot was right too, the create database is not using any character set https://github.com/doctrine/dbal/blob/master/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Platforms/MySqlPlatform.php#L328

      You can see the issue created at https://github.com/symfony/symfony/issues/2044 and later Fabien confirmed the bug is related to Doctrine .

      I am not sure its a Bug or a feature I am asking .

      Thanks

        Activity

        Hari K T created issue -
        Hide
        Benjamin Eberlei added a comment -

        Yes these are not connected, however we changed the default collation to UTF-8 for DBAL 2.3

        Show
        Benjamin Eberlei added a comment - Yes these are not connected, however we changed the default collation to UTF-8 for DBAL 2.3
        Benjamin Eberlei made changes -
        Field Original Value New Value
        Status Open [ 1 ] Resolved [ 5 ]
        Fix Version/s 2.3 [ 10184 ]
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]
        Benjamin Eberlei made changes -
        Workflow jira [ 13002 ] jira-feedback2 [ 17748 ]
        Benjamin Eberlei made changes -
        Workflow jira-feedback2 [ 17748 ] jira-feedback3 [ 20103 ]
        Hide
        Ivan Borzenkov added a comment - - edited

        not fixed or broken now
        doctrine:create:database still create database whis latin1 charset

        https://github.com/doctrine/DoctrineBundle/issues/49

        Show
        Ivan Borzenkov added a comment - - edited not fixed or broken now doctrine:create:database still create database whis latin1 charset https://github.com/doctrine/DoctrineBundle/issues/49

        This list may be incomplete, as errors occurred whilst retrieving source from linked applications:

        • Request to http://www.doctrine-project.org/fisheye/ failed: Error in remote call to 'FishEye 0 (http://www.doctrine-project.org/fisheye/)' (http://www.doctrine-project.org/fisheye) [AbstractRestCommand{path='/rest-service-fe/search-v1/crossRepositoryQuery', params={query=DBAL-161, expand=changesets[0:20].revisions[0:29],reviews}, methodType=GET}] : Received status code 503 (Service Temporarily Unavailable)

          People

          • Assignee:
            Benjamin Eberlei
            Reporter:
            Hari K T
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: